Tuesday 18 January 2011

"The ArchAndroid" Trailer - (Available NOW!)



Video introduction to Janelle's live performance. This clip features the existing headpiece by Jesse J Clarkson, who has also produced costume work for Iron man.

In the process of creating my brief for this project, I knew that I wished to create a costume piece for performance within the music industry. The artist Janelle Monae stood out as a suitable subject due to her distinctive science fiction influences and use of storytelling behind her two current albums. As her reputation is currently emerging in the UK, the timing for her promotion also seems especially relevant. As I further investigated the singer, I found that she is currently producing a comic book around her alter-ego, Cyndi Mayweather. This video trailer presents her character's development into the Archandroid, using a headpiece inspired by the poster art for Fritz Lang's 1927 film Metropolis. Taking the existing costume piece into account, I have begun to design an alternative stage costume that will be used in a Janelle Monae/ Metropolis themed photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment