Tuesday 25 January 2011

Life cast practice

mould ready for pouring the plaster into
front and back are secured together with bicycle tires, any gaps are filled with clay


plaster bandage over alginate and netting, the nose has been left clear to allow the model to breathe


alginate is applied to the face



model is sat upright to help support the weight of the modrock backing


After applying vaseline and a skull cap, the mod rock bandages are applied straight onto the skin of the model at the back

Today I assisted Amy with a head and shoulder life-cast to practice the processes behind making a plaster cast bust such as the one I have on my desk. Though my model does not wish to have a lifecast herself, I feel it is good practice to show how I would have reached this stage of a bust to work ontop of. If my fashion piece was more specifically fitted to my model then a lifecast would have deemed far more necessary, though it is more commonly used as a basis for makeup based projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment