Monday 24 January 2011

sketch models, shoulders and headband

narrowed with chosen paneling





different styles of paneling




wide headband


















rounded patterns marked in



initial shape

Using wire mesh and clay, I was able to rough out some shoulder pads to choose a suitable shape and detailing for the final piece. Clay, wire and card are readily availible around the studio and are ideal for roughing out ideas quickly. Foil was used to represent the additional shoulder strands in my drawings. I have decided that multiple, thin pieces look better than thicker hoops over the shoulder pieces. The cardheadband has been scored along the inside to allow the sides to to form around the face. After trialing a few nets for the headband, I was able to decide what size and shape it should be. However, I do not feel that fabrication would be a suitable method to make the headband from, as I wish it to appear machiene made and hard edged. Styrene allowed me to see how many vents should pertrude from the sides of the piece and at what distance they should be placed together.


No comments:

Post a Comment